- 49 State Legal
- Built with Small Block Chevy Engine Kit Part number BPP38350RA, California Executive Order# D-824-1
- +47 Rear Wheel Horsepower Increase over Factory
- + 55 Rear Wheel ft/lbs Torque Increase over Factory
- Compression Ratio: 10:1
- Aluminum Heads
- Hydraulic Roller Cam
- Cast Steel Crank
- Hypereutectic Pistons
- NEW BluePrint Cast Iron Block
- Manufactured and Machined in the USA!
- 4-Bolt Main
- 1-Piece Rear Main Seal
- Mech fuel pump provision: Yes
- Passenger Side Dipstick
- Drilled and tapped for clutch linkage
- New BluePrint Steel crankshaft
- 3.750" Stroke
- OEM type 5.700" connecting rods w/ 150,000 psi bolts
- Hypereutectic pistons
- Externally Balanced Front/ Externally Balanced Rear
- BluePrint Aluminum Cylinder Heads - H8002K
- 64cc chamber
- 2.02" intake/1.60" exhaust valves
- 195cc intake/75cc exhaust runners
- Cam Type: Roller
- .477 Intake .471 Exhaust
- 202 Intake / 212 Exhaust duration
- @ .050 - 115-degree lobe separation
- Computer Controlled
- This 383 stroker is designed for use in 1996 - 2000 Chevrolet Pickup or SUV that was originally equipped with a 350ci (5.7L) engine.
- No ECU tuning or recalibration is required.
- Advertised horsepower gains were achieved on chassis dyno, w/ factory EFI and ECU, in a Vortec equipped, otherwise factory, GM truck.
- We have taken our BluePrint OEM style Block and assembled the Small Block Chevy Kit to give you a 24% increase of 49 state legal horsepower, when installed in a GM pickup or SUV year 2000 or older model year that came with a California certified Gen 1 naturally aspirated 5.7 gasoline engine block.
- This engine may require modification to existing front accessory drive mounting brackets if retaining oem front accessory drive.
- Note: This engine kit has a California Air Resources Board (C.A.R.B.) Executive Order (E.O.) number: D-824-1.
Engine Accessory Specifications
BETTER THAN THE REST.
The satisfaction of our customers is our highest priority at BluePrint Engines. We use quality components to balance your engine's rotating assembly within two grams of spec. We dyno test your crate engine and certify that it's ready to deliver horsepower and torque.
We give your BluePrint engine the industry's best-in-class warranty for 30-months / 50,000 miles — with the extra confidence only BluePrint can provide. Our warranty applies to individual or professional installations and is fully transferable.
For a detailed overview of our warranty, click here.
IT ALL COMES DOWN TO RESULTS.
We make sure we hit our target horsepower and proper torque with every crate engine. We use an advanced computerized balancer to get our rotating assemblies within two grams, ensuring silky smooth power over the entire RPM range. That's precisely why our engines sound and run better than our competitors.
BRAGGING RIGHTS INCLUDED!
A comprehensive, dyno-generated printout showing these critical specs will accompany your delivered engine. No more guessing or wondering what your installed engine's real-world peak horsepower and torque ratings actually are. Any doubters in the crowd? Simply flash 'em your dyno results!
This engine will be dyno tested before it ships to you at no additional charge (others charge $500)!