This engine is designed and manufactured to factory specs for the specified vehicles below. It's manufactured using tighter machining tolerances, higher quality components, and finer balancing of the rotating assembly to make this engine better than the original while still meeting the description of a “replacement” engine.
View the Application List HERE
- NEW BluePrint Cast Iron Block, 454 BBC
- Manufactured and Machined in the USA!
- 4-Bolt Main
- 4.000" Stroke,
- 1-Piece Rear Main Seal
- Mech fuel pump provision: Yes
- Standard Deck
- New BluePrint 1 Piece Rear Main Seal steel crankshaft
- 4.000" Stroke 4.250" Bore
- OEM type 6.135" connecting rods w/ 150,000 psi bolts
- OEM spec pistons
- External Front Internal Rear
- Iron Heads
- Cam Type: Flat Tappet
- OEM spec per listed vehicles
- OEM Specifications
- New valve covers, oil pan and timing cover
- Designed as factory replacement long block for specified vehicles and year ranges, using OEM specification parts. Customer to re-use existing intake manifold, ecu (if equipped), exhaust, fuel system etc. Modification or replacement of provided tinware, and minor accommodations such as dipstick location may be required.
- Specifically designed as an OEM spec engine to meet emissions requirements of the specified vehicles, to meet the criteria of "replacement engine" in all 50 states.
- MUST see attached application list above for fitment.
- This engine features a 1-piece rear main seal crankshaft. If replacing an engine that was originally a 2-piece rear main seal, a new flex plate, or flywheel, will be required.
- Features external 42.5 oz. imbalance. Recommend GM flywheel 14096987, or TCI flex plate 399973.
BETTER THAN THE REST.
The satisfaction of our customers is our highest priority at BluePrint Engines. We use quality components to balance your engine's rotating assembly within two grams of spec. We dyno test your crate engine and certify that it's ready to deliver horsepower and torque.
We give your BluePrint engine the industry's best-in-class warranty for 30-months / 50,000 miles — with the extra confidence only BluePrint can provide. Our warranty applies to individual or professional installations and is fully transferable.
For a detailed overview of our warranty, click here.