- HP & Torque: 460 HP / 479 FT LBS
- Compression Ratio: 9.85 to 1
- Aluminum Heads
- Hydraulic Roller Cam
- Steel Crank
- Hypereutectic Pistons
- NEW BluePrint Cast Iron Block, 454 BBC
- Manufactured and Machined in the USA!
- 4-Bolt Main
- 4.250" Bore
- 1-Piece Rear Main Seal
- Mech fuel pump provision: Yes
- Standard Deck
- New BluePrint Steel Crankshaft
- 4.000" Stroke 4.250" Bore
- 6.135" connecting rods w/ 150,000 psi bolts
- Hypereutectic pistons
- BluePrint Aluminum Cylinder Heads - PS8013
- 119cc chamber
- 2.30" intake/1.88" exhaust valves
- 316cc intake/124cc exhaust runners
- Cylinder heads feature a .300 in. raised exhaust port vs an OEM casting
- Must verify header/exhaust clearance
- Cam Type: Roller
- .501 Intake .510 Exhaust
- 216 Intake / 228 Exhaust duration
- @ .050 - 112-degree lobe separation
- Initial timing - 10-16° and Total timing 32-34°
- Intake Manifold single plane, satin aluminum
- 750 cfm Carburetor
- Valve covers, oil pan and timing cover
- Installed black complete front accessory drive system with A/C, P/S, WP, all belts and pulleys.
- This engine is an excellent cruiser and daily driver engine. This engine makes up to 15 inches of vacuum, and is designed to work excellent with power brakes, stock torque converter, stock gearing, and run on 87 octane fuel.
- Features External 42.5 oz. imbalance. Recommend GM flywheel 14096987, or TCI flex plate 399973.
Engine Accessory Specifications
BETTER THAN THE REST.
The satisfaction of our customers is our highest priority at BluePrint Engines. We use quality components to balance your engine's rotating assembly within two grams of spec. We dyno test your crate engine and certify that it's ready to deliver horsepower and torque.
We give your BluePrint engine the industry's best-in-class warranty for 30-months / 50,000 miles — with the extra confidence only BluePrint can provide. Our warranty applies to individual or professional installations and is fully transferable.
For a detailed overview of our warranty, click here.
IT ALL COMES DOWN TO RESULTS.
We make sure we hit our target horsepower and proper torque with every crate engine. We use an advanced computerized balancer to get our rotating assemblies within two grams, ensuring silky smooth power over the entire RPM range. That's precisely why our engines sound and run better than our competitors.
BRAGGING RIGHTS INCLUDED!
A comprehensive, dyno-generated printout showing these critical specs will accompany your delivered engine. No more guessing or wondering what your installed engine's real-world peak horsepower and torque ratings actually are. Any doubters in the crowd? Simply flash 'em your dyno results!
This engine will be dyno tested before it ships to you at no additional charge (others charge $500)!