One of the most common questions we get asked is …. What oil should I use in my BluePrint crate engine? To help our customers we have created a special break in engine oil for all crate engines!
This break in oil can be used for the first 500 miles, during the break in of your new crate engine. It has been specially formulated with the following benefits to break in your new engine and get you started with all the proper additives to ensure a long engine life. The benefits of our break-in oil are:
• Increases high-temp film strength, oil pressure and compression at all RPM ranges.
• Designed to reduce potential engine failure during the break-in period.
• Provides high-temp viscosity and anti-wear control.
• Protects bearings at initial startup and at higher speed and temperature.
• Recommended for all types of engines: including flat tappet and roller camshafts.
• Requires no additional additives.
If you wanted to source oil locally for your crate engine, we just want to make sure you are using a good quality oil – we typically recommend a 10W30. Also, if you are running a flat tappet camshaft please make sure you are also using a separate zinc additive,
in addition to your oil. Refrain from using synthetic oil for the first 6,000 miles on all BluePrint crate engines.
Roller Camshaft Engines:
BluePrint Part # BPP710 or a 10W30, non-synthetic oil. A zinc additive, or break-in oils are not necessary, but can be used.
Flat Tappet Camshaft Engines:
BluePrint Part # BPP710 or a 10W30 with a separate zinc additive. One example would be Lucas Oil part number #10063
Purchase BluePrint Engines break in oil here or by giving us a call at 1.800.483.4263
▪ All BluePrint Chevy crate engines
▪ All BluePrint Chrysler crate engines
▪ All BluePrint Ford crate engines
▪ All BluePrint Engines ProSeries™ Chevy stroker and Ford stroker engines
▪ All BluePrint Engines short blocks
▪ All BluePrint Engines marine engines
Site Map© 2016 BluePrint Engines • 2915 Cherry Ave., Kearney, NE 68847All rights reserved.